Recognition Ceremonies for SIS Graduates
Every term we host a recognition ceremony for our recent graduates. This ceremony is separate from the annual University Commencement. University Commencement information can be found here.
The SIS Recognition Ceremony includes a speech to graduates, an address from Program Representatives, and a reading of individual graduate names. The ceremony closes with light refreshments.
Spring 2017 Ceremony
Sunday, April 30 at 9:30 a.m.
Location: Alumni Hall, 7th Floor Auditorium (Reception to follow in the Connolly Ballroom on the 1st Floor)
Spring RSVP form (due Monday, April 24)
Summer 2017 graduates - Friday, July 28 at 5:30 p.m.
- International students who would like to invite their family to attend, must complete this request form for any required visa documentation.
- All students are welcome to bring guests to the Recognition Ceremony. You are encouraged to share the lodging and transportation information with your guests.
Lodging & Transportation
- We encourage you to reserve a hotel room as soon as possible, if you and/or your guests have a need and plan to stay overnight in Pittsburgh during this time.
- Travel and parking options for the University's Oakland neighborhood include hotel shuttles (if available), public transportation, or taxi cab company. If driving, we suggest identifying a few parking optionsin advance.
- Dress code is business casual. Graduation regalia: Optional.
- We will have a few “prop” graduation gowns available for photo opportunities.
- If you choose to wear regalia, here are some instructions for ordering regalia
All graduates are invited to provide anonymous feedback to the School.
We share this feedback with SIS Council, the governing body of the School. All voices are represented at SIS Council - faculty, staff, and students - and all will have a chance to review, comment, and make suggestions based on your feedback.