Call for Participation: iConference 2016, “Partnership with Society”
iConference 2016 takes place Sunday, March 20 through Wednesday, March 23, 2016, in historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. This year’s theme of “Partnership with Society” examines the dynamic, evolving role of information science and today’s iSchool movement, and the benefits to society. The conference includes peer-reviewed papers, posters, workshops, and sessions for interaction and engagement, interspersed with multiple opportunities for networking. Early career and next generation researchers can engage in the Doctoral Student Colloquium, Early Career Colloquium, and Undergraduate Student Showcase forums.
The iConference brings together scholars and researchers addressing critical information issues in contemporary society. The iConference pushes the boundaries of information studies, explores core concepts and ideas, and creates new technological and conceptual configurations—all shaping interdisciplinary discourses. Visit http://ischools.org/the-iconference/ for more information, including sample topics and links to past proceedings.
About the iConference
The iConference is presented by the iSchools (www.ischools.org), a worldwide association of Information Schools dedicated to advancing the information field, and preparing students to meet the information challenges of the 21st Century. Affiliation with the iSchools is not required—all information scholars, researchers, and practitioners are welcome at the iConference. The Champion Sponsor of iConference 2016 is Microsoft Research.
iConference 2016 is hosted by Drexel University’s College of Computing & Informatics. The conference venue, Loews Philadelphia Hotel, is located in Philadelphia’s bustling center city. The historic 33-story building is hailed as America’s first skyscraper, and is in easy walking distance of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, birthplace of the United States Constitution. Other nearby attractions include the Rodin Museum and the Philadelphia Art Museum.
- Conference Home: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/
- Past Proceedings: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/about-the-iconference/
- Facebook: IConference: https://www.facebook.com/IConference
- Twitter: @iConf | #iconf16
Submissions will be accepted beginning summer of 2015. All submissions must be in English using the official template. All work should be original and not previously published. Complete guidelines and the official iConference template can be found on the Author Instructions page: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/author-instructions/
- Papers submission deadline is September 9, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/papers/
- Posters submission deadline is October 5, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/posters/
- Workshops submission deadline is September 28, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/workshops/
- Sessions for interaction and engagement (SIE) submission deadline is October 5, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/sessions-for-interaction-and-engagement/
- Doctoral colloquium application deadline is September 28, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/doctoral-colloquium/
- Doctoral dissertation award submission deadline is October 12, 2015: http://ischools.org/the-iconference/program/dissertation-award/