Career & Internship Expo
The Career & Internship Expo offers a great opportunity to learn about different companies hiring information professionals, search for jobs and internships, and network with employers. To prepare for the Expo, submit your resume to the SIS Resume Book and review the following resources.
SIS Resume Book
Submit your resume to the SIS Resume Book, which is shared with employers each semester.
Resume and Cover Letter Resources
Learn how to properly format your resume, arrange key information, and showcase your skills.
Resume Reviews from SIS Alumni
Connect with SIS alumni to review your resume or take part in a mock phone interview.
Career Fair Tips
Learn how to work a career fair, courtesy of the University of Pittsburgh's Office of Career Development and Placement Assistance.
The Career & Internship Expo is open to employers in technical and non-technical industries. This event is exclusively attended by SIS undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Information Sciences, Library & Information Science, and Telecommunications & Networking.
The iSchool at Pitt
- Degree programs in Information Science, Library & Information Science, and Telecommunications & Networking
- Over 600 students working toward a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree on campus or online
- More than 14,000 alumni worldwide employed by Google, Deloitte, IBM, the Library of Congress, Oracle, and more
- Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyberdefense Research (CAE-R) by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
- Ranked 7th of 400+ international programs for cybersecurity education
- A Top 10 American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) program
- 30+ faculty who teach more than 350 courses across 3 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- A founding member of the iSchools Organization (2005)--an international consortium of information schools dedicated to advancing the information field